Take, also known as Gi was one of the three Canine Warriors that refused to return to Princess Fuse, due to his purpose of protecting the Sparrow Clan from forces of darkness. Take/Gi is a Sakhalin Husky. Take appears as a Sakhalin Husky. He looks like a grey wolf with white markings, pointed ears and a purplish-grey bandana with the Orb of Righteousness on it.
Take is first encountered when the Canine Tracker detects a Canine Warrior when Amaterasu is at Sasa Sanctuary. A Sparrow, Tai, is crying for missing his lost dog, Take. The Canine Tracker will starts to react and points out Gi's location among one of the large bamboo trees in a grove within the bamboo forest. Take is inside one of it, specifically the glowing one. When he came out, he inquires Amaterasu of her rights to bear the Canine Tracker, eventually fight her as a judgement of her worth. After the fight, Take reveals that the reason that he cannot return per Princess Fuse's order is because he has a responsibility in defending the Sparrow Clan from a demonic siege that could wipe the race away from existence. Thus, he entrusts Amaterasu with the Duty Orb as a substitution for his presence upon Princess Fuse's summon.
Take is the only Canine Warrior who does not make an in-game apperance, though Chi briefly mentions him, after the defeat of Sen and Ryo, stating that she knows that Take has been with the Sparrow Clan all along, and his happiness with his current position also makes herself happy.
Take is not at all a difficult opponent. When the battle starts, Amaterasu can immediately approach him and begins her assault with farming techniques. After the farming procedures are completed, Amaterasu has to focus on attacking Take while simultaneously defending from the Canine Warrior's offense. When Take jumps into the air and perform a somersault before landing, his Duty Orb glowing, Amaterasu has to run to a certain distance, wait for Take to lunge at her, and when he has covered half the distance between his original position and Amaterasu's, execute a Sub-Reflector Counterattack to gain a Demon Fang and defend from the attack. Other attacks of the Canine Warrior includes a series of multiple lunge and bites, a hole-digging attack, and a land mine attack. When sufficient damage is dealt, Take will be stunned, a chance for Amaterasu to deal further damage.
- "Take" means "bamboo" (「竹」?) in Japanese.
- This is one of the few Canine Warriors that has no Karmic Transformer.
- One of Amaterasu's alternate costumes in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is Gi.
- According to the Sparrow Clan, Take is just as childish as Tai, but he has no fondness of his owner .
- "White wolf...What right do you have to bear the Canine Tracker? Fight me and prove that you are worthy!"—Take (Ōkami)
- "I know Princess Fuse summons me...It is my duty to defeat Crimson Helm, defiler of the Gale Shrine. But I cannot return...This place is in grave danger. The monsters will overrun Sasa Sanctuary without me. And the Sparrow Tribe, they would all be..."—Take (Ōkami)
- "You won't find Canine Warrior Gi traveling with us. He runs with the Sparrow Tribe. If he's happy, then I'm happy for him."—Chi (Ōkamiden)
Template:Navbox characters okamiden