Template:Project improve adTemplate:Bad cleanupTemplate:Race infoboxThe Oina tribe (「オイナ族」?; Oina-zoku) is the native tribe of the Kamui region of Nippon. Their tribe's connection to the Twin Demons Lechku & Nechku
The Oina are a shape-shifting tribe, maintaining both human and wolf forms. It appears that each member has free will to and full control over whether they choose to be human or wolf. All members don a mask that hides their face for reasons that are never explained in the game. However, one can see unused masks in Kemu's home, leading the player to believe that this is part of the tribe's traditions. The general attire seems to be more colorful versions of traditional Ainu clothing, with the patterns bearing heavily a particularly heavy resemblance. Various ethnic adornments and necklaces bear a strong yet stylized resemblance to Template:Wp and shitoki.
The Oina, not unlike the Ainu people, practice an animistic religion and are spiritual people by nature. This can easily be demonstrated by the Volcanic Incantation that Kemu recites year after year before passing the tradition onto Lika. They are also fairly wary of outsiders, yet another trait shared between the fictitious Oina and the Ainu. However, this is rectified after Kemu recognizes Amaterasu as a deity that will solve their troubles.
- The Oina are based on the Template:Wp of Northern Japan, and bear resemblance to their real life inspirations through general attire, adornments, patterns used in decoration, and religion. The Oina also use words from the Template:Wp alongside regular dialogue in the Japanese version of the game.
- The word Oina is an Ainu word referring to shorter epic poems, chanted principally by women about the gods.
- Drawing a circle around any Oina will transform them into their wolf forms or vice versa.
- During certain animations, like when Samickle is trying to force the Wawku Shrine gate shut and when Kemu is trying to pray for the Shrine gate to shut, attempting to transform them into their wolf forms will not work.
- The wolf forms of the Oina seem to reflect the character's appearance. Most of the males appear as large wolves, the merchants as fat wolves, females as small, thin wolves, children as wolf pups, and Kemu (the only elder) as a small, aged wolf. The wolves' fur color varies but depends on the character's clothes and hair color.
- Never throughout the whole game will Amaterasu be able to see any of the Oina's faces.
- It is unclear whether all Oina believe in Amaterasu as a god in the beginning, the exceptions being Kemu and Tuskle. They are mainly spiritual.