The Oina have always lived in Kamui. They live in a village called Wep'keer, which is close to the Ezofuji mountains. Once a brave Oina hero sealed away Lechku & Nechku when they awakened from their forms of altar statues. The Oina are also protectors of Yoshpet.
- The Oina is based on the Ainu people of Northern Japan.
- Drawing a circle around any Oina will transform them into their wolf forms or vice versa.
- The wolf forms of the Oina seem to reflect the character's appearance. Most of the males appear as large wolves, the merchants as fat wolves, females as small, thin wolves, children as wolf pups, and Kemu (the only elder) as a small, aged wolf. The wolves' fur color varies but depends on the character's clothes and hair color.
- Never throughout the whole game will the player be able to see any of the Oina's faces.
- It is unclear whether all Oina believe in Amaterasu as a god in the beginning, the exceptions being Kemu and Tuskle. They are mainly spiritual.
- The word Oina is an Ainu word referring to shorter epic poems, chanted principally by women about the gods.