The Molsters are a group of moles who control all the territory beneath Taka Pass. The group is made up of four moles, all called Lil' Moley and their leader Moley. They can be found in a circle of holes near Mr. and Mrs. Cutter's house. All members, other than Moley, dress the same, albeit with different kanji on their shirts. The kanji represents the numbers one to four and each member has a different number.
The Molsters were a small group of Moles who lived beneath Taka Pass. The members were all fiercely loyal to their leader, Moley and were prepared to risk their own safety to make him happy. Moley grew lonely as no one ever came to visit him. He and the Molsters began causing mischief in Taka Pass to get people's attention. Shortly before Amaterasu and Issun arrived in Taka Pass, the Molsters stole the Golden Teacup from the Tea Master.
Amaterasu first heard of the Molsters from the Tea Master who told her about them stealing his Golden Teacup. After clearing the Cursed zone in Taka Pass, Amaterasu and Issun met the Molsters. Moley confronted the pair, he scolded them for entering the Molsters' territory. Moley told them that they would have to make up for their indiscretion by giving him their yen. It was then that Issun realized that they were just a band of thieves and suggested that he and Amaterasu should teach them a lesson. Moley laughed at Issun's threat and ordered the Molsters to use their special dust cloud formation. The moles ducked down into the ground and moved between the holes, popping up to hit Amaterasu. Amaterasu ran around trying to find Moley.
Amaterasu headbutted the Molster leader three times, much to his confusion and frustration. Issun lectured the Molsters and told them that he expected them to stop their wrongdoing, but Moley said that he knew that what they were doing was wrong and that he just wanted to get people's attention. Moley asked Amaterasu to be his friend and gave her the Golden Teacup. He began to cry and returned underground to hide his feelings but not before asking Amaterasu to visit him sometime.
Moley would find many treasures beneath Taka Pass, which he would give to Amaterasu if she beat the Molsters in a game of the Molster dust cloud formation during her visits. He was always happy to see Amaterasu and no longer caused mischief in Taka Pass.
- "All of the territory beneath Taka Pass is under our control."—Moley (Ōkami)
- "Gurgh! We have to protect the boss!"—Lil' Moley (Ōkami)
- "It's just that...Well, I was lonely. No matter how long I wait down here, no one comes to see me. That's why I behaved the way I did."—Moley (Ōkami)
- "It should be business as usual again now. But those mischievous moles took my most precious of possessions. I can't possibly work without my beloved Teacup!"—Tea Master (Ōkami)
- "How dare you walk around our turf without permission!? I won't let you get away with it!"—Moley (Ōkami)
- "I'll have to get you to leave some of that behind to make up for it. You know what I mean. That gold-colored thing used in shops!"—Moley (Ōkami)
- "Huh huh huh. You've got some nerve. Fine! If that's the way you want it. You'll regret this! Come on, men! Molsters! The special dust cloud formation!"—Moley (Ōkami)
- "Yurgh! I don't understand it! How do you manage to stand up to our special dust cloud trick?"—Moley (Ōkami)
- "Don't mess with the gods, fur face! Crime doesn't pay, remember that! I expect you guys to stay on the straight and narrow now!"—Issun (Ōkami)
- "I do know the difference between right and wrong. It's just that...Well, I was lonely. No matter how long I wait down here, no one comes to see me. That's why I behaved the way I did. I just wanted to get your attention, that's all. Please, white doggy! Will you be my friend? I promise I'll behave myself from now on. Honest! You're just what I need, doggy. If you stay, then I won't have to be lonely anymore!"—Moley (Ōkami)
- "I know I shouldn't show my feelings like this. I'll go back underground now and shed my tears in private. I suppose it's goodbye, then. Come back and visit soon, won't you, doggy?"—Moley (Ōkami)
- "Yurgh! You're really amazing, doggy! You've got such enthusiasm when you tackle me like that! It's a real inspiration, you know! Thanks for playing with me. Here, have this thing I dug up."—Moley (Ōkami)