The Kamiki Festival is an annual festival, taking place in Kamiki Village. Before True Orochi's death, it marked as an ominous time since Orochi demanded a sacrifice before every festival. He would fire a white-plumed arrow into the house of a chosen maiden. After Nagi slayed the demon, the Kamiki Festival became a more joyous celebration. It takes place during a full moon.
After defeating Orochi for the first time, Amaterasu and Issun head back to Kamiki to take part in the festival. There, fireworks will be displayed in the sky, and Amaterasu can talk to the participants, though this is not necessary.
People, when talked to, will provide specific information, whether their joyous feeling or other miscellaneous informations.
- Komuso: He tells Amaterasu and Issun about Susano and his special one's disappearance from the village. He also tells them to "not stick your nose in their affairs" .
- Kokari: He lets Amaterasu and Issun know that he will no longer be in Agata Forest, instead traveling around with Ume to better himself.
- Mr. Bamboo: He asks Amaterasu and Issun if they know Kaguya or her whereabouts, a hint of a future encounter. They can also use Waterspout on him, Nameless Man, and Karude from the Thunder Brew barrel. This will temporarily knock them out, but they will wake up later, looking dazed and with a probable hangover.
- Tama: He will fire a special firework for Amaterasu that shows the images of Susano, her, and Issun.
- Mr. Orange: Gives Amaterasu and Issun more hints that Susano and Kushi aren't around in the village.
- Susano: After finding him and Kushi in the Cave of Nagi, he reveals to Amaterasu and Issun that he was able to see Amaterasu's true form from the beginning.
- Kushi: She tells Amaterasu that she somewhat acknowledges her as a god.
- If Amaterasu listens to Susano and Kushi after hearing their intial speeches, they will seem distracted and try to send Amaterasu away, implying that they are there for some sort of romantic rendezvous.
- Issun: Interacting with him is more of a way to annoy him. Amaterasu can try to leave the village early (which is the best thing to do), or use Sunrise. Also, if she listens to Susano and Kushi three times each, Issun will hint that they are there to make love
After the Kamiki Festival is over, there aren't much changes to the village except that Susano is actually training and Mushi resolves to become stronger. Also, Amaterasu can no longer fish in Agata Forest since Kokari has left. She can also proceed to Ryoshima Coast, the beginning of the second story arc.
- ↑ "Snowy, are you really an ordinary wolf? The broken waterwheel suddenly fixed.. Spring water flying into the barrel.. So many strange things have happened since you came to the village."—Kushi (Ōkami)
- ↑ "Boy, Ammy, you just don't get it, do you, furball? I think they want to be alone. *nudge nudge, wink wink*."—Issun (Ōkami)